Thursday, September 29, 2011

Product Review: Sift & Toss Litter Liner

Recently I purchased Sift & Toss™ Litter Liners from the company's website. This is an As Seen on TV product that is not available in stores.

We have four cats, so cleaning out the litter box isn't a fun task. All that scraping to get waste off the bottom of the litter box takes forever and it makes a mess that I have to constantly sweep.

Sift & Toss is currently running a Buy One, Get One Free promotion. For $14.95 plus shipping and handling, I received 28 nested Litter Liners and 50 Scent Lock Bags. The shipment also included two free gifts: a grooming mitt (my cats are petrified of this) and a kitty fresh pouch (still don't know what to do with it).

I wasn't able to picture these items in  my mind when my husband explained them to me, but once I received them I could see how they would work. The mesh bottom of the liner is surrounded by white plastic sides consistent with garbage bag material. Once inserted into your litter box, all you have to do is grab the white sides and the mesh bottom sifts out the used litter.

Though these liners are geared toward normal size litter boxes, not the over-sized ones we have, I was immediately able to find advantages to using Sift & Toss.

Not only do they leave less mess around your litter boxes, they also reduce the amount of time spent cleaning the box each night, and they significantly reduce the amount of cat litter you use. With the initial shipment of liners, I cut our cat litter purchases from a one 20 lb. container of litter each week, to one same size container every three weeks. Wow! I like those savings.

Because our litter boxes are larger than normal, the liners didn't sit as upright as those you see in their promotional photos online and in commercials. This did cause some waste to fall outside the liner (but still in the box). I highly recommend using gloves when removing the liners. What I believe would make this product even better is for the sides to be higher or for the company to offer an extra-large size liner for families with multiple cats who own larger litter boxes.

The Scent Lock Bags are small, but amazingly hold a significant amount of waste. I could usually use one bag to collect the waste and all three liners.

The one thing I can say I found disappointing, which I don't think is unusual for As Seen on TV products, is the delay between order time and actual shipment of the product. I placed my order on August 3rd, but didn't receive shipment notification until August 26th. It then took an additional 6 days to arrive at my home. After paying almost as much in shipping as I did for the product, one would think the shipping time could be reduced.

I would definitely buy Sift & Toss Litter Liners, but I truly hope the manufacturer comes out with an additional size that will work better for our family.

This review contains my honest opinions, for which I received no monetary compensation of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment