Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Product Review: Poise® Liners by Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc.

Childbearing was not kind to my body. A petite woman who bore three average size children, my body has taken a beating inside and out. One of those maladies started after the birth of my first child, at the ripe old age of 19.

The stretchmarks weren't pretty, but it was the light bladder leakage (LBL) that really didn't sit well with me. I was young, though, and I wasn't about to start wearing panti-liners every day. In addition to the fact that they curl up on the sides, they were too thin to serve any real purpose where this was concerned. So, I tucked a spare pair of underwear in my bag to have in case I needed it.

As I've gotten older, had two more kids, and developed asthma that is accompanied with fits of coughing, the instances of leaks increased. I knew I had to do something. I had seen the hilarious commercials with Whoopie Goldberg talking about "spritzing," so I went out to the Poise® site and requested a free sample.

I received three individually wrapped Poise liners and a coupon for $2 off a future purchase. The first day I tried one, I was surprised by how soft and comfortable they are. I honestly couldn't tell I was wearing a liner, which is a big plus. No one wants to walk around feeling like she has on a diaper. That's the reason I switched to using tampons for the heaviest days of my period. No one wants to feel wet either. When a leak occurred, I didn't need to change the liner immediately--which was good because I wasn't in a place where I could. I stayed comfortably dry and was confident that odor would not be an issue.

Poise liners are different from period pads. They are so soft and comfortable, I forgot I was wearing one. I noticed the difference once I ran out of samples, but that's because I felt more confident and comfortable wearing one than being without it. I'm using my coupon next time I go grocery shopping to pick up a package.

You can visit Poise online at http://www.poise.com/ to learn more about LBL and to review their products. The site offers a short series of questions so that you know which product is right for you.

I requested a free sample of this product so that I could review it during this month's product and movie review special feature. I received no monetary compensation of any kind to provide this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment