Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Product Review: Swiffer WetJet

As a busy wife and mom, I was thrilled when Swiffer products made their way onto the market. They help me grab those wafts of cat fur in the corners of rooms, spend less time dusting, and now make cleaning my floors a breeze.

I've used Swiffer wet cloths in the past, but I find if I don't wash my kitchen floor often enough, the wet cloths have a hard time removing stains. Pushing hard on the wand has cracked it, so I decided to break down and purchase the more expensive Swiffer WetJet. My local WalMart carries this product for $19.99, and I had a $5.00 off coupon from our Sunday paper, which is the only reason I purchased it. I know, I'm a cheapskate. The original package came with the Swiffer WetJet, a 1.25 liter bottle of WetJet Multi-purpose solution, a scrubby strip, and two textured pads. I also picked up a package of refill pads.

This battery-operated model, uses a cleaning solution (comes in 4 different types) that is sprayed on the floor at a touch of a button. Then you spread the solution with the textured pad that picks up dirt and grime. There is a scrubby strip on the front of the unit to help remove stains.

The Swiffer WetJet does a fabulous job of cleaning tile floors. They make a special solution for hardwood floors, but I didn't pick that one up this time. I've cut the time spent washing my floor in half just by using this product. What I really like is that I'm using a fresh pad each time, so I don't have to worry about spreading germs with a used mop head. The floor also dries much quicker than using a traditional mop.

That said, I'm not ready to toss my old mop away yet. I couldn't quite figure out the easiest way to use the scrubby strip. I'll have to try my Swiffer WetJet a few more times to see if I can find a better way to move the unit to make it more effective. I'm thinking my Swiffer WetJet will be perfect to use most of the time, but during Spring and Fall cleaning I might want to drag out the mop, bucket, and liquid disinfectant.


I purchased this product to provide my honest opinions. Swiffer and The Procter & Gamble Company are not aware of this review. I received no monetary compensation of any kind to write this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment