Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Product Review: Playtex Sport Body Wipes Perfect When No Time for Showers



As a member of Crowdtap, I was asked to participate in a trial of Playtex Sport Body Wipes, which are part of their entire Playtex Sport line. These wipes with a "fresh & clean scent" wipe away dirt and sweat for those moments when you're on the run and don't have time to shower between activities.

As part of the trial, I received a dozen samples, which I was asked to share. I provided 2 people and myself with 4 wipes each and we used them for the next week after working out or when we felt the need for a quick clean up to feel fresh. One of the participants was my older daughter. The Lil Diva is only 9, but she's had to use deodorant for the last two years. She's developing earlier than I did, and sweat and body odor is an issue, especially since she hasn't reached that age where three showers a day is the norm. She also plays hard, so there are times when she smells less than fresh.

As I mentioned in an earlier post today, during my last pregnancy, I started feeling much warmer than I used to. In addition, though I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, I'm beginning to experience mild hot flashes, where I'm just sitting there and suddenly I feel like it's 100 degrees in my office. I'm not going to get up and shower each time it happens.

The other participant was a friend of ours who leads a busy life as a working mom.

When we regrouped and shared our thoughts, here is what we came up with:

  •  This product is great for a quick clean up. The fresh scent leaves you feeling refreshed and clean. This feeling lasts too, so that's a big plus.
  • While I am allergic to many scents, I did not have an issue with the light fragrance.
  • Playtex Sport Body Wipes have no alcohol, so we were able to use them on our faces without excessive drying.
  • Because these wipes are flushable, you can use them to wipe delicate body parts, and then easily discard them.
  • Each wipe is individually wrapped (20 count package) and their small, slim size (4 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches) means you can tuck them into even the tiniest of pocket books.
  • My daughter also tried another brand of sports wipe a few months ago. She preferred the slightly larger size of those than the 9 X 5 1/2 inches of the Playtex wipe. She felt it gave her better coverage and she could use one wipe, where she felt maybe two of the Playtex ones would make her feel more confident.

Playtex Sport Body Wipes are sold in 20 count pack or a 24 count travel pack the size of a travel pack size diaper wipe pouches. I'm going to purchase the travel pack for our car trip to North Carolina in July.

We all thought this was a great product for active girls and women. I'm starting to carry them to our other daughter's softball games. That way she doesn't have to climb into the car feeling all dirty.


This review contains my honest opinion. I did not receive any monetary compensation for providing my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment