Friday, June 5, 2009

Crystal Storm and Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening


Today's guest blogger is Crystal Storm, author of the suspense thriller Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening.

Thirteen bloodlines, The Brotherhood, fanatically loyal to their gods, the Anunnaki, have controlled the planet since his-story was written. In 1925 Stefano Vasco Terenzio, head of the Terenzio crime family makes a deal with the Anunnaki to solidify his control over the American Mafia. Clever and manipulative, Stefano’s true goal was to put his family in a position so one day they would be able to turn on their masters.

Two generations later, the shockwave he ignited was still being felt. Now, as the world inches closer to 2012, time is running out. The only thing in the Brotherhood's way is Terenzio, a family now divided as a truly epic battle begins that will determine whether mankind continues existing in a world of lies, or shatters the chains that have held it prisoner since his-story was written.

Shocking yet hopeful, Synarchy slowly unravels the tightly laced reality we have created for ourselves. Blending the metaphysical with conspiracy, fact with fiction, debut author DCS has opened up a world that will force you to rethink everything you believe about your own. The knowledge within provokes the question;do you really want to know?

My understanding of this book is that is combines many different elements: romance, lust for power, betrayal, evil, conspiracy theories and more. I've asked Crystal to discuss the challenges of combining all those elements.

Crystal's turn:

Most books will pick one issue and focus on that, but there was a message I wanted to impart to the readers within the fiction, and it really required that I weave all those elements together. It helps that my mind works in those complex ways so it wasn’t too big of a challenge to combine everything. It kind of popped into my head that I could link this up that way, and do this that way and here we are. When I started putting it all together it flowed really well. There was a lot of back work though, that went into it to make sure that I had all the dots connected when I was finished.

When I sit down to write a scene it starts in my head a big chaotic jumble, like taking the pieces of a puzzle and tossing them into a pile on the floor. Then I’ll begin to weave ideas together, and once it gets going, it can go on for a while. I can spend days upon days locked in my creative world. I’m a little OCD about the details, and I think I suffer from too many ideas syndrome. There were a lot of times when writing I had to stop, grab a pen and a blank piece of paper and make a quick outline, to remind myself of all the plot lines I was tying together. There’s a lot going on in Synarchy and Book Two will be just as intense if not a little faster paced.

I have an index card for every character, it’s got their birth date and any information that I think I need to reference at a quick glance on it. When I was done with the novel, I summarized every single scene on an index card, and then spread them out in chronological order on my floor to make sure the timeline of events made sense, since it goes back and forth a lot. It was in doing this that I realized just how detailed I’d made it!

Ultimately, the readers will let me know if I’ve succeeded in successfully combing all those elements together. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I hope they enjoy reading Book One as much as I did writing it. Thanks for letting me swing by Cheryl!

CRYSTAL STORM, aka DCS, was born in Alexandria, VA. DCS now lives in New Orleans, LA. Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening is her debut novel. A self taught world student, her studies cover the 2012 mystery, quantum mechanics, metaphysics, parasphysic science, conspiracies and strange phenomenon.

Taking full advantage of the creative energy of New Orleans, she is hard at work on the second book in the Synarchy Series, The Ascension and several short stories loosely based off of a few characters from the book, but following more along the vein of the txt based roleplay game, Synarchy 2012.

You can find out more about the Synarchy Series by visiting www.synarchynovel.com.

You can listen to an excerpt from Synarchy Book 1: The Awakening below:

No comments:

Post a Comment