Monday, December 21, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Dec 21

 




Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Happy Monday! I hope you had a nice weekend. I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked, but I should be done with work this week by 2 pm on Tuesday. Say a little prayer that happens. I would love to get the last tree upstairs and decorated and do a bit of cleaning. I'm not too stressed since it will only be the kids and us, but it feels so much better when the house is clean during the holidays. Then I feel like I can relax a bit.

One great thing that happened this weekend is my wedding and engagement rings got resized. I weigh more than I did 20 years ago, so I haven't been able to wear my rings in years. I've never felt right about not wearing them, but the jeweler is a good ride away, so I never seemed to have the time to take care of it. I'm thrilled to have them back. 

My physical mailbox contained no books--except the ones I bought as gifts for others. I did, however, grab this Kindle freebie.


Maybe I will read it between Christmas and New Year's. 

I hope your week goes well and that your stress levels are low. Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    Stress levels weren't too bad here, until the latest news broke last night and all hell broke loose! Now I can't stop reading the headlines and I have scared myself totally witless! I know it isn't going to do me any good as "it is what it is", as they say, so I do need to have a good talk to myself to put my head straight again!

    We had to have our original wedding bands cut off a few years ago now, as they were beginning to cut into skin and flesh! Our jeweller told us though, that to re-size and add gold in, would be almost impossible and far too expensive! Idiots that we are, we believed him and stumped up for two new rings and a new engagement ring for me, although my original does still fit my pinkie finger.

    I have kept the original cut-off bands in a small pouch, just for sentimental reasons and to remind me just what 42 years looks like!! (just joking)

    Your Christmas novella sounds good fun and I like the two alternative covers, although I'm not sure which one caught my eye the most.

    Have a peaceful holiday season and stay safe :)

    Yvonne Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray the news improves. We all need a break.

      How awful that the jeweler took advantage of you. I am blessed to have a cousin in the business. So glad you kept the original bands.

      Wishing you a blessed holiday season.

      Delete
  2. Miss Kane's Christmas looks delightful!

    Enjoy having your rings again, and have a happy holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your book and your Christmas week, Cheryl.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

      Delete
  4. Cute cover! I hope you get a few stress-free days to finish decorating and have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get to close off work Tuesday afternoon. Half of my staff will be off on Wednesday but I am scheduled for at least half the day.
    My hubby is prepared to have just the two of us for Christmas but I am still thinking I'd like to have our daughter and grand-kids. We'll see.
    I have the Kane book too and that might be a nice one to finish the Christmas reading. :-)
    I'm hoping to pick up my wedding and engagement ring this week which I took in to have prongs reinforced. The new aquamarine had fallen out so I haven't worn it in two years. Getting them fixed is my Christmas present.
    I hope you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete