Monday, November 9, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Nov 9

 


Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Here we are at Monday again. After a trying and busy week, we got a chance to see some family and celebrate the Lil' Princess' birthday. Here's a picture from our trip to the Outer Banks this summer. I can't believe this is my baby. When did she get so grown up?



I pulled up the garden this weekend. Based upon what I know of my work schedule for 2021, I won't have time to tend to it. It's way too much effort for the little harvest I get every year. Either I'll plant grass or maybe create a perennial flower garden. I'll figure that out in March.

This year has made me reconsider how I approach life. Losing my father-in-law to COVID, having to wear masks everywhere, all of us stuck at home for months, crazy weather, the silly election... I'm just done with it all. I want to do things that make me happy and that I enjoy. I don't want to turn on the news and read about violence and strife. Maybe that's why I keep downloading free books to my Kindle lately. I can definitely use the distraction.

I'm enjoying watching the reboot of One Day at a Time



I was a big fan of the original from the 1970s. This new version features three generations of a Cuban-American family living in the same apartment. It's great to see Rita Moreno in the role of Lydia, Penelope's often interfering and funny mother. 

Now, let's talk books. No new ones in the mailbox, but I've downloaded several new ones to my Kindle.








That's it from me. Hope you'll share your new books.

7 comments:

  1. I'll look for the new ODAAT! Your new books look great. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think of ODAAT, Mary. I'm really liking it.

    Thanks for visiting. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice selection of books.
    Ready for Christmas reading?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linda. I love reading Christmas books almost as much as I love watching Hallmark movies. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched a few episodes of the new Day at a Time...but lost interest. Maybe I'll try again.

    Enjoy your week and all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter looks so happy! Nice vote.
    Hubby started watching Hallmark movies more than news last week and he was glad to see the season shows for NCIS returning.
    Free Kindle books are addicting.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Mailbox!!

    Love the cover on THE SECRET OF SEASIDE and THE NANTUCKET INN.

    Hope your week has been good.

    ReplyDelete