Monday, November 16, 2020

Mailbox Monday - Nov 16

 


Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Welcome back to Monday. Hope you had a nice week. I wish I could say real estate was slowing down a bit, but not yet. I am guessing the week of Thanksgiving will be quieter. 

Speaking of Thanksgiving, a few of my fellow Realtors and I coordinated a food drive for one of our local survival centers Saturday. The weather was great, and we filled three SUVs with food. It was nice to meet the executive director when we dropped it off.


I am gearing up for my smaller than usual Thanksgiving. All the holidays are tough this year, considering the loss of my father-in-law. The monument company called me to tell me his monument was finally installed at the cemetery. I couldn't believe the cemetery took so long to prepare the site. Because of restrictions, we still haven't had a full family memorial service. Maybe in April at his one-year anniversary things will be better.

Let's talk about something more pleasant--books. A local author I know dropped off a book to me this week. 


I also ordered the second book in the series, which was just released, for my Kindle.


Also in my digital mailbox appeared a copy of this one that I had pre-ordered.


That's it for me this week. What did your mailbox look like? Any good reads you're looking forward to diving into?

5 comments:

  1. Great job with the food drive! Our Thanksgiving will be much smaller this year. We've always hosted at least 25 extended family. It will be maybe 10. I guess I should be grateful to have anyone over, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. Yes, this year will be smaller everything. We are mandated to no more than 10. I will be glad when this is all over.

      Delete
  2. A food drive is a good thing. I am also curious about The Wormwood Mysteries. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never coordinated a food drive, so this was a good experience, Laurel. I hope Wormwood is good. I love the author's picture books, so I have high hopes.

      Delete
  3. So nice to help others especially at this time of struggle.
    The Wormwood mysteries look good. Have another good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete