Monday, July 31, 2017

Mailbox Monday - July 31



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

How is it Monday again? And the last Monday of July too! This month has flown by. Had planned some posts for last week but had a closing and sold three houses within seven days, so that didn't happen. It's also been an emotionally draining week for me. I've been visiting assisted living facilities in the area because it looks like that is the next step for my in-laws. The thought of selling their home makes me cry. We've had so many wonderful memories there. It's a hard decision, but ultimately might be the best thing for them.

Had some sad news: a real estate agent I knew for years in North Carolina passed away and she was only a few years older than me. I find this tragic on so many levels and it reminds me how we never know what tomorrow will bring, which is part of why I dropped in on my father this past week, who I haven't seen in close to 30 years--his choice, not mine. I'll share more on that another day. God's hand was in this situation from the start.

On to lighter and happier things...


I'll be reading this new arrival for a review campaign. I have two books to read in August so I better get started.


Julienne has her ideal job as an event planner at a prestigious resort. During a luncheon event she coordinated, a renowned celebrity pastor is killed next to the buffet. All eyes turn to her as the suspect. If she wants to stay out of jail or even keep her job, Julienne needs all the help she can get to solve the crime.

She has her work cut out for her with a vengeful high school rival now reporter, the public demanding she be fired, plus family who know what’s best for her, and a boyfriend who doesn’t understand her. She turns to friends and a new ally to uncover who wanted to put the pastor on ice.

Julienne goes undercover and investigates a local swingers group as she follows the trail of clues before they go cold. Can she gather enough suspects and motives to convince the police to widen their investigation? Can she do it before the killer sets his murderous sights on her? Will her personal life ever be as simple as unveiling a murderer?

That's it for my mailbox. What did you receive?

Wishing you all a great week.

10 comments:

  1. It's tough when your parents get older. I hope you're able to work things out with your dad. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a tough week. The book looks good, though. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, ladies. It was a tough week but God is in control and I need to lean on Him to get us through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to lose a friend...or a loved one. It does remind us that we don't know what is around the corner.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog. Iced looks tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, you've had an emotional time lately. Sending you a virtual hug. I hope you enjoy Iced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ENJOY!! Iced looks good.

    Hugs.

    Have a great week, and I hope things are better.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl,

    It sounds as though a good cozy mystery is just what the doctor ordered right now, so this particular review campaign couldn't have come at a better time for you!

    I hope that you enjoy the book and can see some light at the end of the tunnel in your family troubles!

    Have a good week :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is important to reach out to family when estranged. I'm glad you took that step.
    Glad the real estate business is going well for you.
    Iced looks like a fun read. Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is hard to hear about someone passing who is near your age...makes mortality more of a reality. Assisted living is a tough decision for both sides -- you and them -- and visiting your estranged father is a very wonderful thing. Perhaps it will change things for you. I hope your real estate business continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete