Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Product & Company Review: Aki Oka Pet Boutique

Because I post pictures of my pets on Instagram, I was contacted by Aki Oka Pet Boutique and asked to be an ambassador for their products. They provided me with a discount code and I ordered the following products:










I ordered the products on May 31 and they shipped on June 4. The reason I ordered the travel products is because we were leaving on vacation and I wanted to make traveling with Theo easier. 

The order confirmation stated a two- to three-week processing time, so when the last week of June arrived, I began contacting the company to check on the status of the items. We were leaving on June 26, so if they didn't arrive before then, I wouldn't need them until next year. Though the shipping notification listed a tracking number, for weeks I couldn't find any information about my order. They would say, we will get back to you, but never did. I also tried contacting the Instagram user who contacted me and asked me to be an ambassador for their products. While they took down some information, ultimately, they couldn't help me.

So, June 26 arrived and we had no products. I visited the local Petco to buy a travel bowl and water bottle, so now I really don't need the products from Aki Oka Pet Boutique. While we were on vacation, the App to confirm shipping details finally started providing information. The products got handed over to an airline in Hong Kong on June 22. Keep in mind, it is five days past that date by the time this information is finally available to me. The products are delivered to our home on July 1. 

We return from vacation two weeks later. I try the T-Shirt on Theo but it doesn't even make it over his head. The portable water bottle is of such poor quality, I am afraid to use it. So, I ask for a refund on these two items. Aki Oka Pet Boutique declines the refund. 

Even with a discount code, it simply isn't worth the aggravation of shopping at Aki Oka Pet Boutique. I proceeded with an order because their website states they donate part of every order to animal re-homing initiatives--a cause I truly support. I will simply donate in other ways, because this company has a lot to learn about order fulfillment and customer service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment