Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts - March 21



Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is a chance for book bloggers to dabble in areas besides books (but those are welcome too). Share your plans for the weekend, a rant on people not using their turn signals in parking lots, or your love of Sunday morning mimosas.

I am in a rambling mood today, so please forgive me for the lack of structure.

  1. Sick of all these school shootings. Had a district school safety summit last week. Sad how safe and prepared they think they are for this. I was able to enter the school undetected one day this month and I was in the school for a good 10 minutes without anyone even stopping me to ask what I was doing there. Sure, my kid is safe. 
  2. Overwhelmed by everything that goes into taking care of aging parents. Forms to fill out, houses to clean and de-clutter, moving things, trying to juggle bills without enough money...so much fun.
  3. Thinking of becoming a hermit--move to some deserted island without internet access and live in a hut. Wait, I need indoor plumbing. Scratch that idea.
  4. Putting my faith in God. He'll get me through. Just hard to give up control to Him. Psalm 55:22: Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you about these school shootings. I can tell you that our schools are very well protected here, but the elementary schools seem a bit more open than the others.

    Caring for aging parents is tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what school will be like when my future grandkids attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete