Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Is There a Middle Ground for Christians at Halloween?


A few years ago, I posted an article on Christian Children's Authors about how we celebrate Halloween. This is a holiday that can divide people of faith. My mother-in-law won't even call it Halloween. She calls it Trick or Treat Night. Admittedly, I'm not much into the gore and ghoulish aspects of the holiday, but I do enjoy this time of year and like to see all the neighborhood kids dressed up.

Today, I found an article from 2015 written by Dr. Benjamin L Corey titled, "A Reasonable Middle-Ground For Being A Christian At Halloween." I also found this article citing Bible verses that might be some basis for not celebrating. I'm curious what you think. Is there a middle ground for Christians on Halloween? Should we avoid celebrating the holiday in any way?

No comments:

Post a Comment