Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Book Review: Stop The Diet, I Want to Get Off! by Lisa Tillinger Johansen, MS, RD

Trying to lose weight and considering the latest fad diet? You should read  Stop The Diet, I Want to Get Off! by Lisa Tillinger Johansen, MS, RD first.

In this informative book, Johansen shares "The Skinny" on popular diets and why they don't tend to be effective long-term. From the 3-Day Diet to the Zone Diet and everything in between, the author discusses these diets, talks about how there is no magic pill you can take to lose weight permanently--darn, I wish that weren't true--and helps you put together a plan to lose weight by improving your overall diet and adding in exercise.

There's too much in this book to tell you everything, but I can say that what I liked most about it is that the plan seems achievable. Why? Because Johansen helps you understand why fad diets don't work; talks to you not only about portion size, but also teaches you which foods fit into what categories and how they effect your body; discusses reasonable ways to increase fruits, vegetables and water into your regular routine, as well as increase your fiber intake; and informs you what our bodies need per gender and age group for our nutritional as well as exercise needs. There are substitutions and grocery shopping tips and the Appendix includes additional resources.

As I have gotten older, staying healthy has gotten more important to me. I see habits I should have formed earlier in life that would have helped me now. In addition, as a result of reading this book I've already been implementing some of the changes to my lifestyle that I will be able to share with my family.

Stop The Diet, I Want to Get Off! is a must read for anyone looking to lose weight effectively and needing a encouragement to make some forever changes.

For More Information


  • Stop the Diet, I Want to Get Off! is available at Amazon.
  • Pick up your copy at Barnes & Noble.
  • Discuss this book at PUYB Virtual Book Club at Goodreads.

I received a copy of this book from the author through Pump Up Your Book. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment