Friday, January 16, 2015

The Friday 56 - Week 210

Welcome to Week 210!

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to the Linky at Freda's Voice. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

I had to share this passage because I certainly wasn't expecting to find it.

As soon as someone entered the restroom, I rattled harder.

"Hey, are you okay in there?" the voice responded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But my door's jammed."

"Oh, dear, I'll see if I can help." She sounded like an older woman, but I'd take help at any age. Together we pushed, pulled, rattled, and strained.

"Honey, this baby ins't going nowhere," she exclaimed.

I became indignant. "Well, if the door isn't going to budge, I'm coming under!" Without hesitating, I dropped to the floor and stuck my legs under the door.

She gasped. "Ma'am? You're in a cast."


No comments:

Post a Comment