Thursday, January 15, 2015

Product Review: Arbonne® RE9 Advanced Extra Moisture Set


I recently had the chance to try the Arbonne® RE9 Advanced Extra Moisture Set provided by a local consultant. As you might recall, I started using Mary Kay® as a teenager. I simply don't purchase them all the time because they are what I call an "unnecessary expense." I'm finding, however, that as I age I need more than the standard store bought product to keep my skin looking healthy.

The RE9 Advanced Extra Moisture Set is an anti-aging product line for women (They also have a men's version). It consists of six products: Smoothing Facial Cleanser, Regenerating Toner, Restorative Day Créme Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen, Night Repair Créme, Corrective Eye Créme, and Intensive Renewal Serum.

I was provided with two days worth of product to try. The instructions are a simple 5-step process twice a day (night créme and day créme being used once each day). The cleanser and toner have a citrus fragrance that I didn't find appealing because I am so sensitive to scents. After using the toner twice, I felt my skin was too tight so I didn't use it the second day.

My skin felt better and looked nicer after the first day of use. I didn't notice any dry patches on my face, which I often get this time of year. By the second day, however, my eyes were swollen and my face felt itchy and hot. The consultant said this was caused by the new use of "active" products on my skin. That's definitely possible, but it could also indicate an allergy to an ingredient or combination of ingredients. I must say I never had that experience with any of my Mary Kay products. If I decided to purchase these products, I would only use them once a day and still hope to gain some benefit.

Having to go through a 5-step process twice a day when I'm already so busy is an issue. There are mornings I am racing out of here by 8:15 and barely have time to put on foundation, so adding this to my morning ritual made it tougher. The largest obstacle to me buying the RE9 Advanced Extra Moisture Set is definitely the cost: a whopping $323. I considered purchasing only the Intensive Renewal Serum, but even that is $58 for one fluid ounce of product.

The company states it formulates without: animal products or by-products, parabens, formaldehyde, phthalates, synthetic dyes, and artificial colors--just to name a few. There is a list of ingredients found in the back of the product catalog. While looking up information on Arbonne, I came across this 2013 article that disputes the purity of the company's products.

At the end of the day, while I enjoyed testing these products, my early negative reaction and the cost will keep me from becoming a regular customer.


This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment