Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Back to Work - Part 1



The picture above pretty much captures my reaction when my husband told me I couldn't put off returning to work any longer. Though I had been working from home the past seven years, I sought a better balance between home life and career. More importantly, we needed the money.

My plan is to occasionally share my adventure in returning to work outside the home: the trials, the triumphs, and the little speed bumps along the way. Hope you enjoy it.

Back to Work - Part 1

The story of my return to work actually begins nearly eleven years ago when my husband and I decided it was time for me to leave Corporate America to stay home with our children; at the time our teenage son and two young daughters: John Boy, the Lil' Diva, and the Lil' Princess.

Our original plan was for me to stay home until the Lil' Princess entered kindergarten. Then I would find a part time job. That never happened. My work from home job was bringing in a fairly steady stream of income, and I wanted the chance to volunteer at school so I could be with my girls. 

In the years that followed, the money argument came up more than a few times between hubby and me. I simply couldn't figure out how we could manage my working outside the home and still dedicate time to the girls. Our son had moved out and gotten married, but the girls were still young. 

But as I watched the bills mount and the additional stress taking a toll on my husband, I knew I had to do what I could do help my family stay afloat. 

To be continued....





No comments:

Post a Comment