Monday, February 11, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Our mail week was cut short by a major snow storm last week. I guess it's good for us to get used to not having mail on Saturdays after the announcement that the United States Post Office will cease Saturday delivery in August. Here's the view out my back door on Saturday morning.



This one is after we cleared the sidewalk:


Unfortunately, the snow blower died before we finished and we weren't plowed out until this afternoon. The governor had placed a traffic ban on all non-essential road traffic from 4 PM Friday until 4 PM Saturday, and some streets still haven't been plowed. People are getting aggravated. Some in Eastern Mass lost power, but around here the lights stayed on.

Okay, long rambling message over. My mailbox was fairly boring this week except a couple items to mention.

I received an ARC of Princess April Morning-Glory by Letitia Fairbanks. Fairbanks was the niece of silent film stars Douglas Fairbanks Sr. and Mary Pickford. She passed away in 1992, and this book has emerged as a "lost treasure from the golden age of Hollywood." I'll be reviewing it on February 28th at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection.

Also in the mail came a package from The Children's Place, which I will state for the record I refuse to order from ever again. I purchased a Floral Embellished Denim Skort with Sash for the Lil Diva (11). This purchase was made online with gift cards I had from Christmas. I also ordered a few other items for both girls. When the skort arrived, I thought it odd I had ordered something without a belt or sash because the denim skirt I ordered for the Lil Princess (9) had a lace sash.

Turns out, I didn't. The original photo (there's a new one posted now) on their website showed a pink sequin  sash on the skort. I tried contacting The Children's Place via email, but it kept kicking it out saying their security settings were picking up something that wouldn't let it go through, so I was forced to call them. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) was not originally helpful. She tried to encourage me to visit a store to handle my replacement. I ordered it online because it was more convenient. Why would I want to drive to the nearest store to fix their error? So, she processes the replacement order and tells me she will mail me out a return label to send back the original product.

When I received the new skort last week, it also didn't have a pink sequin sash. I'm also still waiting on the return label. I just tried writing a review of this product online, which also allows you a place to state if you would recommend The Children's Place to a friend and why, but that also would not go through. I've been writing reviews on websites for years. I'm fairly certain the problem isn't me. I'm so unimpressed by my experience that even if they had a spectacular sale I wouldn't buy from them. It's not worth the effort.

Not sure what the mail carrier will be bringing this week, but hopefully it includes some books I ordered. Hope you have a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment