Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Outer Banks Fun and Good Food

Today we didn't plan much. We slept in, took in the beach for a couple of hours, hung out at the beach house for a bit, and then visited Jockey's Ridge Crossing. The girls got some spending money from their grandparents before we left, so they stopped by the Outer Banks Bear Factory and came home with two new stuffed animals and some cute clothes for them. We also stopped by The Fudgery and picked up some chocolate and some cookie and cream fudge.

For supper tonight, the kids begged to go to the Kill Devil Grill. Checking out their website tonight, I discovered that this restaurant that is fronted by a 1939 Kullman dining car, has one of only 6 diners in the national registry of historic buildings. We've visited the Kill Devil Grill for the past few years and have never been disappointed. The food is fabulous and affordable. Tonight I broke my rule of not ordering something I could make at home and went with the grilled pork chops. It was served on top of mashed potatoes with a side of applesauce. For dessert, the hubby and I shared a delicious apple crisp.

I finished reading Murder is a Family Business by Heather Haven today and I posted my review at The Book Connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment