Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts - Oct 3



Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is a chance for book bloggers to dabble in areas besides books (but those are welcome too). Share your plans for the weekend, a rant on people not using their turn signals in parking lots, or your love of Sunday morning mimosas.

My niece/goddaughter is getting married this month. I'm so excited for her. Saw her FB post today talking about stressful wedding planning and it reminded me how my sisters told me I was so calm when planning my wedding. I guess if you date a guy for 11 years, you kind of have it all set in your mind by the time you get engaged. And honestly, it's just one day out of the rest of your lives. You want it to be special, but how can you enjoy it if you've driven yourself batty?

Sleeping hasn't been great lately. I hear insomnia is part of menopause, but I've never been a great sleeper. At least the hot flashes come less often...especially if I keep the stress level down.

I'm trying to find a way back into my exercise schedule. Not feeling very motivated right now.

Inquiring minds want to know: tub or shower? I prefer soaking in my jetted tub. That's usually where I read and it helps relax me before bed. It's been mostly showers for me lately. Maybe that's why I'm struggling with sleep.

Meeting one of my sisters for breakfast this week. Need to reconnect with two friends for lunch one day soon.

1 comment:

  1. A jetted tub sounds wonderful! I can't remember the last time I soaked. Showers are quick...and I do like the pounding hot water on my aching shoulders. LOL.

    Here's to better sleep ahead! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete