Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - G #atozchallenge



It's tough to keep up this week with the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge because of everything else that is going on here. We have rehearsals for Peter Pan, open house, a talent show, and two school projects due this week. I can't wait for Saturday. Here is today's offering.

Galactometer - instrument for measuring specific gravity of milk. I didn't even know they made such a thing.

Going Green - While not a new concept, "Going Green" gained popularity as global warming became more prevalent in the news. The term refers to everyday methods to save the world and its environment. Some people embrace this lifestyle more than others. Around our home, we recycle, use outdoor solar lighting, and grow our own vegetables.

Goals - As I mentioned, we grow our own vegetables, but my ultimate goal is to have a large enough garden to supply our family with fruits and vegetables through the winter. A couple of years ago, we added blackberry and blueberry bushes on the property, and also grape vines. Last year, we added a cherry tree and strawberry plants. This year, I'm hoping to add peanut plants and walnut trees. I purchased a book titled, Landscaping with Fruit by Lee Reich. I haven't read it yet, but my plan is to read it soon, as work on the garden is slowly beginning.

Do you have any "green" goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment