Monday, February 4, 2013

You've Got Mail Monday



Time to start planning that garden for spring. The groundhog telling us that we will have an early spring certainly helped me feel like I better start browsing my gardening catalogs. I've already been thinking about how I can expand the vegetable garden this year. The three raised beds were nice, but not quite enough space. I saw this neat idea online where a gardener had built a slanted support system for her pea plants and planted lettuce underneath it. I think I'll try that this year. My lettuce takes a beating during our hot summers, and it would gain me some space.

Hope you'll share a gardening tip with us, too.

My Gardener's Supply Company catalog arrived last week, as did a new one from GardenersEdge. What trouble I could get into if I had an unlimited budget. Of course, that applies to home decor, too. My FrontGate and Ballard Designs catalogs also arrived, reminding me, I really need to give the house a pick me up.

Only one book this week: Under Shifting Glass by Nicky Singer. It arrived without a prior request. The Lil Diva (11) said it sounded interesting. We might try it out.

That's it from my neck of the woods. Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment