Monday, October 15, 2012

You've Got Mail Monday



After so much going on the last two weeks with the mail, I find myself waiting for items I've ordered to come in. I have a job interview coming up on the 22nd. I realized I don't have a lot of work clothes anymore, and I need new shoes desperately. I broke down and bought a few things for myself, plus two jackets from The North Face for the girls that they've wanted since last year.

Only two things appeared in my mailbox last week that are worth talking about. That cold climate cover crop mix, which I planted in the garden on Saturday, and a book I'm reviewing in January--at least I think it's January. Ask me once this writers conference is over. I'll have more of a brain then.

Union Hypocrisy: Organized Labors Double Standard in Business and Politics by R.M. Smith. The author is a former member of the Teamsters Union. Smith uses her history with the Teamsters to share personal information and history on the recent status of unions and their latest hypocrisy. Information includes how unions react when their own employees want union representation, unions that sell out their own employees, and the history of the ties between unions and the Democratic Party. A major focus of the book is how unions have transformed from a movement that fought for workers’ rights into an association that now puts other objectives in front of union workers. It also examines the relationship between organized labor and political parties.

That's it for now. Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment