Monday, April 9, 2018

Mailbox Monday - April 9



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

Who is ready for spring? I am. Though technically the calendar says it's spring, this New England winter is still hanging on. We are due for some snow showers tomorrow. Looks like nice weather might finally break through next weekend. Good thing too. I have three new listings coming up.

I received a nice little surprise in my mailbox last week.


A War-Torn Countryside Is No Place for a Lady

Mercy Lytton is a lady like none other. Raised amongst the Mohawks, she straddles two cultures, yet each are united in one cause. . .to defeat the French. Born with a rare gift of unusually keen eyesight, she is chosen as a scout to accompany a team of men on a dangerous mission. Yet it is not her life that is threatened. It is her heart. Condemned as a traitor, Elias Dubois faces the gallows. At the last minute, he is offered his freedom if he consents to accompany a stolen shipment of French gold to a nearby fort—but he is the one they stole it from in the first place. It turns out that the real thief is the beguiling woman, Mercy Lytton, for she steals his every waking thought. Can love survive divided loyalties in a backcountry wilderness?

This is the third book in the Daughters of the Mayflower series. I am reading the second one now.

What arrived in your mailbox? Hope you'll share. Wishing you a blessed week.


6 comments:

  1. I love the look of this one! You have something to look forward to after reading the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really intrigued by this book. I hope you enjoy it!

    I live in the midwest but it is still cold here. I can't wait for it to warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cover...I hope it is good.

    Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, everyone. I hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get some warm weather after this bit of now.
    This book does sound good. Hope you are enjoying the series.

    ReplyDelete