Saturday, October 8, 2016

Book Review: Raising A Young Modern-Day Princess by Doreen Hanna and Karen Whiting


A book that is both empowering and inspiring, Raising A Young Modern-Day Princess: Growing the Fruit of the Spirit in Your Little Girl is the perfect guide for raising a godly young woman.

Co-authors Doreen Hanna and Karen Whiting share their insights on how parents can instill and nurture virtuous traits in young girls to prepare them for the teenage years. Each chapter is filled with personal stories, Scripture references, activities, and ideas based upon the theme of that chapter.

It was wise to start off the first chapter talking about different personalities. Understanding a child's personality goes a long way in helping a parent know how to interact with that child and gets them to thinking how best to teach them.

I also like how dads were not left behind. There are dad and daughter activities and each chapter winds down with "Dad's Toolbox," which allows the reader to discover "insights on using the appropriate tool to build purpose, value, and strength" in their little girl's life.

This book is an excellent resource to encourage you as the parent of a young girl. I've had two, so I know it's not always sugar and spice and everything nice. I'm only sad that my girls are way beyond this stage now and I won't be able to put this great book into action. I certainly wish Raising A Young Modern-Day Princess was around back then.

Highly recommended!

Pages: 228
Publisher: Focus on the Family
ISBN-10: 1589978668
ISBN-13: 978-1589978669

I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment