Monday, September 5, 2016

Mailbox Monday - Sep 5



Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

Happy Labor Day, gang! Hope you're having a great long weekend. Mine has been fabulous: I've dropped three pounds since I restarted the 21 Day Fix; I managed to get in some workout every day this weekend; we attended the Greek Festival in Marlborough, and I sold a house four days after I listed it. Talked to another person Saturday and I'll be listing her home this coming Friday. Not bad for a holiday weekend.


Dancing Yia-Yia

As far as health and fitness goes, I'm really trying to focus on getting rid of that "dough belly." That's what the girls call my very soft, round middle. Weight loss is great, but it's not my focus. I want better legs and a trimmer middle. As such, I've added some different workout routines to my 21 Day Fix program. I haven't used CIZE as much as I thought I would, but I'm going to pop the second DVD in tomorrow to see what I can do. I'm doing a fair amount of upper body work, which will help with the tennis elbow.

I'm also going to really dig into I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson. I bought it last year, but didn't do much with it. I know that drinking Pepsi® twice a day is a part of the "dough belly" issue. I don't eat a ton of sweets, but I really want to focus on getting rid of all of the bad stuff. This should help.

My mail carrier brought a surprise this past week and it sounds superb.


Where is hope when there is no hope?

First-time parents Joe and Tahni Cullen were thrust into the confusing world of autism when their toddler, Josiah, suddenly lost his ability to speak, play, and socialize. The diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder. In their attempts to see Josiah recover and regain speech, the Cullens underwent overwhelming physical, emotional, and financial struggles. While other kids around him improved, Josiah only got worse.

Five years later, Josiah, who had not been formally taught to read or write, suddenly began to type on his iPad profound paragraphs about God, science, history, business, music, strangers, and heaven. Josiah’s eye-opening visions, heavenly encounters, and supernatural experiences forced his family out of their comfort zone and predictable theology, catapulting them into a mind-blowing love-encounter with Jesus.

- Find hope in hardship.
- Catch a fresh glimpse of heaven.
- Learn to hear and trust God’s voice.
- Identify the roles of Father, Son, and Spirit.
- Be aware of the workings of angels, and much more!

Follow a trail of truth into Josiah’s mysterious world, and see why his family and friends can no longer stay silent.

I also downloaded a Kindle freebie--darn free books are bad for me. I'll never whittle down my TBR pile as long as they exist.


7 Days to a Byline that Pays explains how to tell stories that audiences will read and editors will pay you to write. Delivered in a breezy and compact manner, this book will help you work fast, smart, and get paid for your work.

"I've worked with writers and editors across the country to compress the salient points in an easy-to-grasp approach that you can tackle," says author, Michael Ray Smith. "I'm convinced you can accomplish your goal of writing a salable article in seven days by using the ideas in this book."

Then I purchased this one for only 99 cents!


A wonderfully warm and witty debut novel about family secrets and sibling rivalry.
The four MacLeod sisters are no strangers to sisterly rivalry and with one of them about to be married, there are bound to be fireworks. Perfectionist Natalie wants the ‘wedding of the year’. Harassed mother, Milly, just wishes her bridesmaid’s dress wasn’t the size of a tent. Career-obsessed Avril secretly moons over a married man and world traveler, Hazel, the youngest, yearns to be taken seriously. Forced together for the first time in years, and with an unexpected guest stirring up old resentments, squabbles are inevitable. But when tragedy strikes things really fly apart - as some shocking skeletons emerge rattling from the crowded MacLeod closet…


What was in your mailbox this week? Any great plans for the holiday?


No comments:

Post a Comment