I was contacted by ExportX, who I have purchased products on Amazon from before, to review the Melora UMF 15+ Manuka Honey they sell. One evening when I was looking for something different to make for supper, I came across a chicken recipe on Paleo Foodie Kitchen. It was very simple to make and tasted great.*
1 lb chicken breast, cubed into bite sized pieces
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
2 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp chili sauce
juice from 1 orange (about ½ cup)
fish sauce to taste
green onions, chopped
- Stir fry chicken pieces in coconut oil over high heat until it starts to brown.
- Add ginger and garlic, saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Lower heat and add coconut aminos, honey, chili sauce, orange juice and fish sauce.
- Stir to incorporate everything together and simmer for 8-10 minutes until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked.
I honestly had never given Paleo a try. I heard about it, but didn't know much. I've never cooked with coconut oil before either. It looks like lard but, when heated, it becomes a clear cooking oil. Coconut oil is said to be good for your heart and for weight loss.
As far as the Maunka Honey goes, it looked nothing like what I buy in the grocery store. It comes in a small jar (8.8 oz.). It's darker and thicker than the honey you buy in a grocery store, which made it easier to measure and add to the recipe. I also tried some right out a jar. What a fabulous flavor and texture.
According to the product page on Amazon, "Melora UMF Manuka Honey is sustainably harvested from New Zealand's remote Manuka forests. UMF Manuka Honey is renowned worldwide for its "Unique Manuka Factor" (UMF). The UMF grading system appraises natural markers found in Manuka honey and assures purity & quality."
I'll definitely be using this product again. I'll also be searching out more recipes so I have an excuse to us my Melora UMF Maunka Honey more often.
I received a free jar of Melora UMF Maunka Honey from ExportX. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.
* I did not use the last two ingredients from the list because they were not on hand when I made this dish.