Monday, September 7, 2015

Mailbox Monday: September 7

Mailbox Monday is a meme started by Marcia of To Be Continued. Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. It now has a permanent home at the Mailbox Monday blog.

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists.

Happy Labor Day, everyone! It's a rare mostly full day off for me. Having sold four houses in two weeks and signed up a few new buyers recently, I am happy to have most of today to family time and a bit of blogging.

This weekend, we took the girls to see 5 Seconds of Summer, usually called by our teen and tween, 5SOS. It was a fun time. I had a showing and a house inspection earlier that day, so it was a bit of a rush to get home on time, but once we were on the road all was good.



As far as reading and books go, I am having a hard time getting it all done, but hopefully fall will bring me some additional reading time. A few weeks ago, I won a copy of Dark Wine Waters by Fran Simone, PhD. I haven't had the joy of sharing it with you until now. It sounds like a very moving story.



One woman's heartbreaking story of a marriage destroyed by her husband's addiction to alcohol.

The dynamics of codependency are illuminated in this gripping tale. Author Fran Simone describes her husband's attempts at treatment and subsequent relapse, his suicide, and her own recovery through a twelve-step program for families.

I hope everyone makes some time to relax this holiday weekend. Let me know what arrived in your mailbox.

P.S. I was a bit tired of the old blog design, so I made a background change. Let me know what you think. It's not permanent, but I was feeling a bit bold today.

No comments:

Post a Comment