Thursday, March 5, 2015

As a Busy Mom Thinks - Guilty Pleasures



Every busy mom has her guilty pleasures. Mine is watching Downton Abbey. It's a no-brainer that someone who loves history as much as I do would fall for a period show like Downton Abbey, and as a character-driven reader and writer, I am fascinated by the many characters I've discovered over the last five seasons.

I have to admit I didn't want to start watching DA, because it never fails that I fall in love with a show and then it gets canceled. That said, I came into it toward the end of Season 2, went back and watched the previous episodes, and have stayed with it ever since. I think it also helps that creator Julian Fellowes is working on a series for NBC, so one can imagine Downton Abbey ending in the near future. At least a viewer can prepare herself.

Season 5 brought us new romances, uncovered secrets, a wedding, the departure of a beloved character, and a long-awaited proposal. Not sure what the next season will bring, but I can't wait until the rumors start flying.

Do you watch Downton Abbey? What is one of your guilty pleasures?



No comments:

Post a Comment