Tuesday, February 17, 2015

As a Busy Mom Thinks - Later School Days



Yesterday, I stumbled across this article on research that suggests benefits to later school days. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends all middle and high schools start at 8:30 a.m. or later to adjust for the natural sleep cycle of teens.

Parents are evenly divided on the issue, with half supporting the change and the other half expressing concern about a conflict with after school activities and issues with transportation.

I know both of my daughters would support such a change. It wouldn't make much difference to me except that I would become responsible for driving our middle school age daughter in each morning, since her father would be at work by that time.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment