Wednesday, September 10, 2014

In the News - No Homework Policy



I'm a day late with this, but I found such an interesting topic on a local news website that I didn't want to forget it.

According to this article by Juli Mcdonald from WWLP, some schools across the United States are experimenting with a no homework policy. Many families in these districts are seeking more family time without the text books. The article also cites a recent NBC poll that states 80 percent of those surveyed felt students were assigned too much homework.

If you have children in school, on average how much homework do they have each night? I have to admit to seeing a lessening of homework over the past year for our girls. I'm certainly not complaining. Getting kids to do homework can be quite a battle--especially this time of year when the weather is still nice and they would rather be outside hanging with friends. My girls probably spend 20 - 30 minutes on homework each night.

Would you support a no homework policy in your school district?

No comments:

Post a Comment