Thursday, July 31, 2014

I'm Back!



So, what was I doing while I was away? I attended the Little House on the Prairie 40th Anniversary Cast Reunion in Walnut Grove, MN. Yes, I am a bonnet head. I landed in Wisconsin last Tuesday to meet up with my chums: Beth, Dorothy, and Lorrie (USA), Marilyn (Canada), and Martha (Austria). We drove to De Smet, SD where we stayed at this beautiful bed and breakfast that has housed TV actors Melissa Gilbert and Dean Butler. Then we spent three days in Walnut Grove, MN before driving to Spring Valley, MN and finally to Burr Oak, IA--all places that Laura Ingalls Wilder lived--before driving back to Wisconsin and saying our goodbyes.

It was a blast! I have never done anything like this before in my life. I had known most of these women for more than a decade, but this was the first time we met in person. Great thing we all got along, because the quarters were tight. I'll share more from my trip as time allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment