Thursday, November 10, 2011

Women's Fiction Month: The Covering by Dana Pratola

What do a Christian woman and a heathen biker have in common? The devil, of course.

Tessa is called by God to stand in the gap for a man she's never met. When she does meet Gunnar, she learns he's arrogant, unsaved and hostile. But he's also HOT, lol. She can't understand why God would toss her together with a man like him, knowing she would be attracted, so she wonders if it's a trick of the enemy to make her stumble in her faith. Meanwhile, Gunnar is tormented by demonic visitations and looking for any way out. Killing himself might be the only way to end his miserable existence. But God has other plans.

Read an excerpt!

At the top of the stairs she heard a low groan and hurried to find Gunnar sitting up with her sheet pooled at his waist.


One large bicep flexed as he kneaded the back of his neck. He looked like a man stumbling out of a dream, and she watched his expressions change, knowing he was trying to piece together the past day’s events. After a few seconds, he glanced down, peeked under the sheet.

“Where are my clothes?”

“My aunt has them,” Tessa said, stopping inside the door.

“Why?”

“You were sweating. She wanted to keep you—oh.” Tessa quickly covered her eyes when Gunnar started to throw back the sheet.

He stopped. “Give me a break. I don’t have anything you haven’t seen before.”

Tessa let her hands fall to her sides, but her cheeks warmed.

Gunnar cocked a brow. “You’re kidding. You’ve never seen a naked man?”

Tessa tipped her chin. “Of course I have.” On TV.

He snickered. “When?”

When she didn’t answer right away she watched that magnificent face go through several more transformations before coming to the logical conclusion.

“Don’t tell me you’ve never—”

“I don’t sleep around.” Intellectually she comprehended there was no reason to be embarrassed.

Quite the opposite. Yet…

“Never?” He pulled the sheet tighter around him. “Ever?”

Tessa exhaled sharply. “Why does it matter?”

“Our patient is up?” Elaine asked, pushing past a grateful Tessa.

“Where are my clothes?” Gunnar asked her.

“In the wash. You’ll have them back soon enough.”

“I have other clothes in my room.”

Ignoring him, Elaine sat on the edge of the bed and gave him a pat on the cheek. “You had some nap. Do you feel any better?”

Gunnar moved his face away. “I don’t nap.”

“I suppose not. I’d say it was closer to a coma, since it’s Saturday,” she countered.

“Saturday?” Gunnar watched Tessa move to the window. “Saturday,” he repeated.

Elaine regarded him with cool eyes. “Tessa is convinced you have the flu, but I’m not. Are you into anything you shouldn’t be?”

“What are you asking me?” he demanded.

Unruffled, Elaine smoothed the sheets under her hand. “You’ve been basically unconscious for almost a full day. Don’t you find that odd?”

“It’s exhaustion,” he said.

“Tessa’s very worried. She watched over you all night.”

“You didn’t have to do that,” he told Tessa.

Elaine cocked a half smile at him. “Do you need anything?”

“Yeah, my clothes. I want to get up.”

She nodded and pursed her lips. “Well it’s a shame to hide all that, but suit yourself.” With an appreciative lift of brows she walked out, with Tessa following close behind.

Read the reviews!

"Ms. Dana Pratola has presented us with a book dissimilar to any other I've read. Her plot was solid. Her descriptions were graphically expressed and emotionally expressed. The powerful intensity of this book was almost unprecedented. The storyline was gripping. The in-depth look at someone facing life and death was fascinating to read. I haven't read anything to date that explored the act of praying God's care around another in quite this way.

Pratola's complimentary characters were well discussed. They made the storyline even more special. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has either a strong relationship with God or who wants one. Anyone curious about the Plan of Salvation would be especially blessed, in my opinion, by reading this outstanding book. Kudos, Ms. Pratola!

I recommend this book for everyone."

-- Reviewer: Brenda Talley, September 11, 2011


"I've read this book friends and let me tell you, as a reader I was just plain blown away. As an author, I'm impressed - very impressed - with this author's work."

-- Pamela S Thibodeaux, "Inspirational with an Edge!" (tm)

"Just finished The Covering and was blown away. Couldn't put it down. This story has some of the most well-handled sexual tension I've ever read in a Christian novel. The characters are realistic and you feel their emotions as they struggle through their journey. I can't wait to read Dana's next book."

-- WRP Author, Robin Bayne

PURCHASE A COPY OF THE COVERING FROM WHITE ROSE PUBLISHING, AMAZON, OR BARNES AND NOBLE!


Dana Pratola is a 47 yr. old mother of 3, married 25 yrs. The Lord is her Savior, writing is her passion and publishing inspirational books that show the grace of God is her ministry.


Visit Dana online at www.danapratola.webs.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment