Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March Paranormal and Fantasy Event: Princess for Hire by Jamie Grey

After winning his kingdom in a legendary poker game twenty years ago, Princess Mina’s father loses the kingdom just as easily. Now alone and penniless, Mina must rely on her swords to support them both.


When the princess-turned-mercenary is offered a contract to save a prince that will pay enough to keep her father laid up in luxury for yet another year, she and her business partner snap up the deal. Dragons and all.

But when she’s faced with a seedy mage and a prince who doesn’t want any woman to rescue him, Mina quickly learns the so-far-unseen dragon is the least of her worries.

Read an excerpt!
 
We made our way down a long, empty hall. It was eerily quiet, dust motes circling in the air as we passed. Though I tried to be silent, my boots still rang loudly on the bare floor.


“What now, boss?” Galt asked, eyeing the set of stairs at the end of the hall.

“We keep looking. He’s got to be here somewhere.” I sounded braver than I felt. I wasn’t exactly looking forward to fighting a fire-breathing dragon; they were notoriously hard to kill. I forced myself upward, creeping around the corner of the staircase only to stop in astonishment. Instead of another long hallway, we stood at the edge of a great library. The roaring fire in the hearth cast a golden glow over the leather bound books lining the room.

At the far end sat a huge, soft chair with a young man lounging in it, a book propped open on his knee. He looked up as we moved out of the shadows and then jumped to his feet, dropping the book with a thud. “Dammit! Not another princess!” He shoved his hands into his pockets

and glared at me. “I told my father what it would take to get me home. So he sends another blasted beauty queen? I am sick and tired of this.”

Galt and I exchanged confused glances. I bit back a slightly hysterical giggle. I could hardly be called a beauty queen in my stained cloak and tattered tunic. “Are you King Randalf’s son? We were told you needed rescuing.”

The man sighed as he tugged a hand through his perfect blonde hair. Fine wrinkles webbed his eyes as he frowned. “Why do women always think men need rescuing?”

“Because they haven’t the sense the Maker granted a horse’s ass?” Galt flashed me a warning look as my temper began to rise. If this was the prince, then he obviously wasn’t in any danger. So why was King Randalf paying me to bring him home? And where was the dragon that guarded him?

PURCHASE PRINCESS FOR HIRE AT MUSEITUPPUBLISHING.COM! ALSO AVAILABLE IN A KINDLE EDITION!

Writer. Geek. Tech enthusiast. Tea diva. Jamie Grey is either a multi-faceted young-adult author or a commitment-phobic escapist. Probably a little of both.


Residing near Ann Arbor, Michigan, Jamie spends her days writing as an instructional designer. At night, she tries to create fantastic worlds populated with remarkable characters. Some days are better than others.


You can reach Jamie via email at greyjamie1 (at) gmail (dot) com


Her website is: http://www.jamiegreybooks.com/
Her blog is: www.jamiegreybooks.com/blog
Follow her on Twitter: www.twitter.com/jamie_grey


No comments:

Post a Comment