Monday, August 2, 2010

Product Review: Kashi Honey Almond Flax Chewy Granola Bars



The kids and I love to tuck granola bars into our packs in case we get hungry while we're out. Problem is, most granola bars are so sweet--even the 25% less sugar versions--that I don't feel my family gets the benefit of the granola.

I had heard of Kashi in the past, might even have tried one of their products, but I kind of wandered away from them after that.

On my most recent grocery shopping trip to Walmart, I was browsing the granola bar section of the cereal aisle, and I saw four or five varieties of Kashi chewy granola bars, so I decided to take a closer look. I bought a box of the Honey Almond Flax variety for only $2.88. The yellow circle on the box that said, "no high fructose corn syrup" caught my eye. Turning the box to the side, the product label indicated each bar only contained 5 grams of sugar. I was sold.

The Kashi Honey Almond Flax granola bars taste great, they have 4 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein, and they are only sweetened with wildflower honey. One bar fills me up and they aren't sticky sweet.

I'll definitely be buying these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment