Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Outer Banks Update




We've been at the Outer Banks for over a week now. Spent almost every day at the beach, ate some great food, and took in the outdoor theater at The Lost Colony.

The fireworks in Roanoke were amazing, as always. We ate at some of the usual places: Pizza Hut, Western Sizzlin, and Miller's. Western Sizzlin and Miller's have both gone through some renovations since our visit last year.

We also tried the Outer Banks Brewing Station again this year--the first wind powered pub. It's been a few years since we ate there. The food was fabulous!

Our friend, whose house we stay in when we're here, recommended The Kill Devil Grill. Even though it took us two tries to get in, since the place is so small and it's very busy, we enjoyed a wonderful meal followed by an Outer Banks Daredevils baseball game. It was a doubleheader and they won both games against the Petersburg Generals.

In my spare time I've read several books, wrote two chapters of my current WIP Amelia's Mission, and wrote the first chapter for one of my ghostwriting projects. Reviews of the books I've read are posted at The Book Connection and The Children's and Teens Book Connection or will be posted later in the month.

We're heading home on Friday night, so my blogs will be back to their normal schedule soon. On the 16th, author Terry Drake's book will be spotlighted.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for you! Sounds like you've been having a great time here on the OBX. I love your picture, I'd love to use it on our blog at http://www.obx.com/blog with your permission & appropriate credit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Traci,

    Please feel free to go ahead. You can credit Cheryl Malandrinos, Wilbraham, MA and place a link to this post if your readers find that helpful.

    I had started a blog to promote the OBX a couple of years ago, but couldn't find much interest from the businesses down there.

    Our family has been traveling to the OBX for over a decade. The last two years we've visited for two weeks because we love the area so much.

    If you would like to interview me or would like me to guest post for your blog, please contact me via email. You'll find my email address in my profile.

    Thanks again.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete